Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Manga Review: Love Stage!!, Volume 2, by Eiki Eiki and Taishi Zaou



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: July 2015
Volumes: 6+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Izumi Sena is an average guy born into a family of famous celebrities. A college student and total otaku, he works hard every day with the goal of someday becoming a manga creator. But right now, he’s somehow found himself stuck doing a commercial with popular actor Ryoma Ichijo. To make matters worse, Ryoma makes the situation even more awkward by professing his undying love. Izumi tries to convince him they should first start out as friends, but somehow things get more intimate. Has the romance flag finally been raised? (less)


Review:

Ryoma is determined to be around Izumi, even if it’s just as friends. Izumi isn’t so up for the idea, but he agrees.
I don’t really see what Ryoma does in Izumi. Ryoma is pushy, but he’s a nice guy. Izumi is obsessed with anime, which I understand. But he’s determined to write his own manga, but he sucks. He pushes Ryoma away at every instance, until he needs help with his manga. I do think Izumi is finally starting to like Ryoma back by the end of this volume, though.
There’s some nice sexy stuff in this volume. There’s also some iffy points. When Izumi disregards Ryoma’s feelings, it’s just rude of him. But then there are moments where Ryoma is a bit obsessive-stalker about Izumi, looking at him while he sleeps, kissing him a little. Pushing him more than he should. I should probably be more upset about these things than I am, though, honestly. Because I take most of it as the humor it’s supposed to be, and I don’t really mind too much. It hasn’t gone too far for me yet.
I’m still enjoying this series so far. I like the humor, I’m enjoying the romance and sexy stuff. There’s also more of Rei, Izumi’s family’s manager, and I think he’s great. He’s protective of Izumi like a mother, and I find him a great side character.
I’m looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment