Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Manga Review: La Corda d'Oro, Volume 17, by Yuki Kure



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: May, 2013
Volumes: 17
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 16.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Every few years, the prestigious Seisou Academy holds a prominent musical competition, and only the very best students at the Academy are allowed to participate. Though all are eligible to apply, only students from the music department actually make it to the competition...until now. While Len studies the violin in Europe, Kahoko swears to keep him in her heart…as her musical inspiration, that is. But could he be something more? Kahoko finds it harder and harder to deny her feelings, but the boys of Seisou Academy seem bent on making her forget about Len. At long last, it’s time for her to make a choice—for music and for love.

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

What Will I Miss?:

  • The characters. I grew very attached, and feel very fondly for all of them. I'm going to miss them.

Review:

This was a nice ending, simple, a little not as solid as I wanted, but still good.
A big conclusion for Kahoko and several of her friends, a simple confession between her and Len, some growing for Kahoko. I think I maybe wanted a little more solidity, but it was still nice.
Either way, I am going to miss this series. It was fun and very cute, and I grew very attached to the characters. I’m going to miss all of them a lot. I want more, but I’m satisfied.
I guess I don’t have much to say, aside from that I enjoyed this series, am satisfied, and will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment