Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[43]: Deadman Wonderland, Volume 1, by Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou



Deadman Wonderland Volume 1 by Jinsei Kataoka and Kazuma Kondou

Publisher: VIZ Media

Release Date: February 11th, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



Framed for the brutal murders of his classmates by the mysterious Red Man, middle-school student Ganta Igarashii finds himself sentenced to death in the bizarre and fatal theme park/prison known as “Deadman Wonderland.” The inmates of this insane penitentiary fight for survival every day to provide entertainment for the masses. Ganta is determined to survive Deadman Wonderland and clear his name, but the price may be his soul…

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen plus audiences.



Why?:

I’ve watched the first couple episodes of the anime of this, and rather enjoyed them. The whole concept seems really interesting to me, and that girl (the one with the white hair and the weird markings) seems very interesting. I’m rather intrigued by the whole concept and the world, and want to know more about it, and given that it takes me so long to get around to watching anime, I’m hoping to pick up the manga, now that it’s being released. Plus, my brother is a fan of the anime (and read some of the manga), which also has me intrigued about it.

What's on your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment