Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Manga Review: Limit, Volume 6, by Keiko Suenobu



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Vertical
Release Date: July, 2013
Volumes: 6
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 5.

RightStuf Synopsis:

Cliques and circles tear a class of high school teens apart, so when a traffic accident in the mountains wipes out much of the class, five teens must resort to threats and peer pressure to ensure their survival.
Story and art by Keiko Suenobu.

What Will I Miss?:

  • I'll miss the characters, particularly Konno.
  • I really enjoyed the look on human nature, and how people react in situations like this one. The view of it all, and how that changed. The psychological aspect.
  • I'll miss the art, because it was surprisingly really pretty. Also, I kind of enjoyed the size of the book, which I wasn't expecting.

Review:

This was a really, really good series, and I’m really, really glad that I picked it up. It wasn’t what I expected, in several ways.
Everything gets pushed to a head in this book, and we get the ending. I really liked the characters in this series. I liked Konno most; I like being in her head, I understood her, and I liked how strong she stayed through all of it. I liked Kamiya, and liked where she was by the end. I was okay with Morishige by the end, was happy with how she ended up. I’m happy with what happened to Haru. I was really upset with what happened with Hinata, especially since nothing happened to the other kids, and some of them did bad things as well. I was mostly sad for him, though, because of how much I liked him.
I think my biggest problem with the series is that I wanted more. I don’t want anyone to think that was a fault with the series, because we did get enough of the characters and storyline, definitely, but I wanted to get to know them more. I wanted to get in the head of all of them, find out more about their family lives, meet their families. I wanted to see more of what happened after they got home. I just generally wanted to know more of each of them, which I think is because I liked them so much.
I’m really happy with everything that happened, and the ending was really good, but I wish that it was longer just so I could get more of their stories.
Still, I’m really glad that I picked this up, and would definitely suggest reading it. This series got skipped over a lot, which is sad, because I would have liked Vertical to publish more, similar books.

No comments:

Post a Comment