Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Novel Review: Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery



Rating (Out of 5): ~3 (maybe 3.5)
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Romance
Release Date: 2007
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

WANTED:
Single mom seeks billionaire's pocketbook to fund dying son's research cure. Will seduce if necessary. Blackmail is not out of the question. Miracles welcome.
Cynical billionaire seeks working mom with a heart of gold for PR campaign to improve his standing in the community. Must be willing to attend social events. Anyone looking for love, need not apply.
It seemed like the perfect match...until the unthinkable happened.

The Cover:

I do not particularly like this cover. It's pretty generic adult romance, with models that don't particularly portray the characters or anything inside the book. I suppose the suit and dress and olive are supposed to represent fancy, rich parties, which kind of has to do with the book. But overall the cover isn't flattering, pretty, and just could have been better.

Review:

I started this book a long time ago, and paused it. I finally started it again, and I’m glad I finally got to it. It was kind of average, but it was enjoyable, and it was a really fast read.
I’ve found that Mallery’s books are really fast, easy reads, and that’s really nice. This one wasn’t very smutty at all, but focused on the romance and the main plot, which was Kerri’s son’s sickness. I liked the characters relationships with each other, their growth, even if I didn’t get particularly attached to the characters. I did like the scientist and his girlfriend, too, though.
The ending was nice, even if a bit unrealistic. Overall, this was a pretty good book; I enjoyed it, I liked how quickly it went by. I’ll be picking up another of her books, when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment