Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Manga Review: Sankarea: Undying Love, Volume 2, by Mitsuru Hattori



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: August, 2013
Volumes: 9+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

MY DECOMPOSING GIRLFRIEND

Now a zombie living with Chihiro, Rea's enjoying her freedom from her father, going out shopping by herself. And their relationship begins to blossom, with Chihiro fulfilling his dream of a zombie kiss! But there are bigger things to worry about... like how quickly Rea's undead body is going to start falling apart, and what insane lengths her father will go to in order to get her back!

Review:

I’m not very sucked into this series yet, but I really want to be. Maybe it’s just going slow at the moment or something, I don’t know.
I like Rea a lot, and am really interested in what’s going on with her. She and Chihiro are still figuring out how this whole zombie thing works, including how to fix the rigor mortis. Then there’s a big problem with her family, seeing as how her father doesn’t want to give her up. Her mother seems like a big jerk, and her father is still a huge creep. And honestly, I hope there’s more drama with them in the future.
Then there’s Chihiro’s cousin, who I’m just not a huge fan of. I’m not totally sure why, but I’m not. I love his little sister, and hope she shows up more; as well as his grandpa. I feel pretty averagely about Chihiro himself, too. He’s a nice character, pretty solid, but I just don’t feel very attached to him yet. 
The ending suggests there’s a new character coming with some sort of surprise, although I don’t know what. I intend to pick up the next volume when I get the chance, as I do want to read more, but it’s not extremely high on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment