Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Manga Review: Dengeki Daisy, Volume 13, by Kyousuke Motomi



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: December, 2013
Volumes: 16
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A New York Times’ bestseller with a romantic storyline that is unique, funny and touching.

After orphan Teru Kurebayashi loses her beloved older brother, she finds solace in the messages she exchanges with DAISY, an enigmatic figure who can only be reached through the cell phone her brother left her. Meanwhile, mysterious Tasuku Kurosaki always seems to be around whenever Teru needs help… Could DAISY be a lot closer than Teru thinks?

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen plus audiences.

Review:

“‘Someone who never wavers isn’t necessarily strong. To question what’s right, to worry and search, to have the courage to do that, is the mark of true strength.’” 

This is a great, solid series. It’s sweet, it has a lot of action, there’s a lot of serious plotline focus, and there’s also a good mix of the romantic plot, and it’s funny. The art is hard-edged and sharp, but really nice. I’m really enjoying this series, and I’m excited to see how it ends, since it’s only three volumes away.
There were a couple of sweet moments between Teru and Kurosaki. They’re so cute and shy together, I love them. I would really like more of those moments, but that’s alright.
There was some movement of the main plot; things are getting interesting there. I’m not going to get into too much detail, though, and honestly it’s a little messy in my mind, but I am interested. I also really like how everyone is involved, and how they tell each other everything, they don’t hide things because it’s “better for everyone else”. And I like how Teru doesn’t take a smaller part, or cower when something bad happens. She gets intense and will hurt someone if she has to, and she (nor any of the other students) isn’t treated as less important just because she’s younger. (Although I guess they are actually closer in age than they look, huh?)
Then the last chapter was really funny and sweet, with a lot of mention of Teru’s brother. It was needed for the characters, and important to the plot. It was really nice. 
I’m excited for the next volume, and then the proceeding two. I really want to see how it all ends, and I really want more Teru and Kurosaki time. I just can’t get enough of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment