Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Manga Review: Metamo Kiss by Sora Omote



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2007
Volumes: 3
Spoilers?: No.
Buy it here: Amazon (1) (2) (3). Barnes and Noble (1) (2). Powells (1) (2) (3). RightStuf (1) (3).

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kohamaru was born into a family in which you can switch bodies with the person you are destined to be with. His parents can switch bodies, and oddly enough, his aunt can switch with a cat When Kohamaru literally runs into Nanao, the girl of his dreams, they switch bodies--but Kohamaru discovers that she's in love with someone else. And as if that weren't enough, the someone else turns out to be Kohamaru's twin brother, Konatsu, who has the power to reverse their transformation...with his own kiss.

Review:

This series was honestly a little weak, and not as adorable as I was hoping it would be. It was good, and the ending was very nice, but I was hoping to enjoy it more.
Kohanamaru and Nanao switch bodies when they kiss, as soul mates do in Kohanamaru’s family. This causes a lot of problems for them (although, honestly, I kept wondering why they didn’t just kiss right after changing when they figured it out. It literally would have taken one second, and the problem would be solved. Instead they acted like they had to wait all day to change back or something). And when Kohanamaru starts losing his memory of Nanao, that causes some heartbreak.
I didn’t really fall for any of the characters in this series. I liked most of them, but I didn’t really love any of them. (Also, it really bothered me that Konatsu left and then came back near the end of the series with completely different hair. He looked completely different, not like he just got a haircut.)
The humor wasn’t really on-par for me, either; at least, it wasn’t hilarious, even if there were some funny moments. But the ending was really nice. I wasn’t sure how it was going to end, but I liked that it skipped some time. I think that worked really nicely, having them mature some on their own.
Overall, this was just an all right series, a little average, but with a satisfying ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment