Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 5, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: October 2013
Volumes: 17+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A Day at the Park

Mami invites everyone to the amusement park for fun, thrills, and intrigue. She has devised a plan to make Shigure stay away from Yukina permanently, and it involves a carefully orchestrated ride on the Ferris wheel. They say that any couple who kisses on the ride will be together forever...

Review:

Mami is just causing trouble now. She is really trying to work against Yukina, which makes me frustrated and dislike her, and then at one point she does a whole 180 turn and makes me feel a little sorry for her. I mean, she’s going about it the wrong way, but she really only wants to be with Shigure. That doesn’t mean I like her, though.
Yukina was finally starting to catch on near the end, though, given that she was very oblivious before that. I kind of hope that she retaliates, although she does get a little bolder with Shigure.
Akira is still a sweetheart, whom I feel bad for. He really cares for Yukina, a lot, and really only wants her to be happy and safe, and with him. The cliffhanger makes me intrigued, or at least wanting to find out what really is behind Mami’s manipulation.
This series is definitely getting more exciting, and making me want to read more. I’m enjoying the characters, their development, as well as their interactions. The romance is getting quite smutty at this point, and I’m really loving that. I’m looking forward to getting the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment