Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Manga Review: Sweet Rein, Volume 3, by Sakura Tsukuba



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: July 2014
Volumes: 3
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Sad at the thought of spending Christmas alone, Kurumi Sagara goes out for a walk. While she's crossing the street, a boy bumps into her, and a rein suddenly appears that binds them together. The overjoyed boy tells her she's his master and that she's a Santa Claus. Kurumi dismisses him as a crazy person, but then he transforms into a reindeer?!

Review:

I’m pretty sure this is the final volume of this series, but it really didn’t feel like it.
There were some more episodic chapters, but we also met a new character, Alto. Alto is sweet, but also a little sad. We got to see the black reindeer again, and I rather like her and her Santa. They’re odd, a little cynical, but I like them.
There was a chapter where Kaito is in heat, and so attracts all the women to him, and I found that rather funny. I really like him and Kurumi, though. I think they’re cute together, and I just think that Kaito is adorable.
I wanted some kind of resolution for the characters, for at least the romance, but instead the volume just kind of ended. I really believe this is the last volume, so that made me confused. Still, this was a really cute series. It was sweet and kindhearted and full of Christmas. I enjoyed it.
There was an extra story at the end, one featuring a character from Tsukuba’s Penguin Revolution series. I haven’t read any of it, but I thought the story was cute. I kind of hope VIZ publishes another series by Tsukuba, because I rather enjoyed her artwork and characters in this one, and her other series that have been translated look really cute, but I don’t think any of them were ever finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment