Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Manga Review: Itazura Na Kiss, Volume 2, by Kaoru Tada



Rating (Out of 5): ~1-1.5
Publisher: Digital Manga Publishing/DMP
Release Date: 2010
Volumes: 23
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Passing the college entrance exam, Kotoko is accepted into the same college as Naoki, and their first semester had just begun. She's excited and looks forward to spending more time with Naoki - or, so she thought Now she has competition She's tall, beautiful, smart, and good at sports... she's practically perfect Is Kotoko ready to take on a nemesis?

Review:

I’m struggling with the decision to quit this series.
I really don’t like it. The characters are weak and one-dimensional and annoying and I don’t like any of them—not a one. The story isn’t any better. The artwork is extremely weak, and I don’t care for looking at it.
I don’t want to read anymore. But I already own the next four volumes, so I feel like I have to. But I think I might just sell them and get it over with. It’s ridiculous how long I’ve been putting it off already (reading it, that is) (like two years).
But there are no remarkable traits in Kotoko. She’s weak and annoying, falling for Irie for no reason at all, no matter how much of a jerk he is. I don’t care for Irie at all, and don’t see why anyone else does, either. He’s a jerk, hides it not at all, and has done nothing nice for Kotoko to earn her affection. And then his mom keeps pushing them together, practically forcing them to get married.
And now they’re all in college, which would seem great, only nothing at all has changed. They still go to school like in high school, hang out with the same people, and Kotoko is still in the bottom class. It’s ridiculous.
This series has no redeeming qualities for me, and I really want to quit it. There’s no reason for me not to, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment