Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 7, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2014
Volumes: 16+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.
Add of Goodreads.

Random House Synopsis:

RIVALS

Faced with the knowledge of Mami’s true feelings for him, Shigure has a choice to make...can he reject the girl who loves and needs him? When Yukina realizes the future of her missions is in peril, she decides she may have to make up his mind for him.

Review:

I’m falling more and more in love with the characters in this series, and I really like that.
Akira kind of has all of my votes at this point. He’s so sweet. And he’s so sweet to Yukina. There’s one scene in particular between them in the pool that’s just kind of adorable. I really don’t think he has much of a chance, but I want him to. Which means that I want him to have his own romance, because I love him. I’m seeing something forming between him and Mami, but I’m not sure how I feel about that.
Then there’s Shigure. I like Shigure, I do. But he’s also really frustrating. He gets so stuck in his own head, and it drives me a little crazy. Still, there was a particularly steamy scene between him and Yukina in this volume, which was nice. Then there’s the fact that Yukina has officially decided to fight Mami for him.
I’m getting used to Mami. She’s a sweet girl, and I feel bad for her feelings for Shigure. I also think that her and Yukina could become friends, once they get over their whole rival thing. I also like how they’re maybe bonding over Yukina’s novel (even though Mami doesn’t know that it’s Yukina’s), depending on where that goes. And, I love the way Yukina gets so excited over her novel. She’s so cute when she does.
I’m just plain enjoying this series. It’s becoming cute and funny, and now I’m very attached to the characters. The drama in this series isn’t too over-the-top, and I really appreciate that. I’m excited for the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment