Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Manga Review: Sankarea: Undying Love, Volume 6, by Mitsuru Hattori



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: April 2014
Volumes: 11
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 5. 7.

Goodreads Synopsis:

THE FATE OF A ZOMBIE

Searching through the forest at night, Chihiro finds Bub and comes face-to-face with the true nature that lies waiting in all zombies as his beloved pet turns against him. Chihiro is saved by Towa but Bub is left paralyzed in the aftermath and may never walk again. Can Bub continue to be happy in this state? Can Chihiro put aside his selfishness to bid farewell to a dear friend?

Review:

I’m enjoying how surprising this series is. I’m actually for Sankarea, because she’s not going in a good direction, and I do believe that a lot of bad things will happen before anything good does, if anything good does.
And that goes straight into this volume, which was surprisingly morbid.
I’m not going to spoil what happens, but there’s a lot of focus on Bub, with a very morbid, creepy solution. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’m not even sure how I think the characters feel about it.
And that leads to the cliffhanger, which will open to hopefully some new discoveries in the next volume (and probably some drama).
I’m loving the development of the characters in this series. At this point, I’m fully invested in Sankarea, and I don’t even think it’s going in a good direction. I’m really liking seeing her flourish as a character, particularly when she gets close to Darin and Mero. I’m also wary and afraid of what’s happening to her, but I like how upfrontly creepy and bad it is.
The next volume should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment