Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[88]: Contemporary YA I Missed But Still Want!



For this week and possibly next, (since I seem to be low on new releases for December), I am going to do a list of books previously released that I have missed. Ones I’ve heard good things of, that sound especially good. That kind of thing.
This week: Contemporary (in no specific order).



1.      Whatever Life Throws At You by Julie Cross – I didn’t know that Julie Cross wrote contemporary, and this book sounds absolutely adorable. I haven’t read her fantasy YA series, but I’ve heard good things. Plus, it’s paperback! Definitely adding this to my list.
2.      In Honor by Jessi Kirby -- I read Kirby's first book forever ago, and mostly enjoyed it. But I've heard a lot of good things about her recent books, and this one sounds very good. I feel like her writing must have gotten better, and she does give me a bit of a similar feel to Sarah Dessen, so I really should read more of her books. Plus, they're small so they should go by fast. I want to start with this one.
3.      Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – I read her first book, and remember really enjoying it. I want to get her second one before I get this one, but after reading the synopsis, it sounds so good! I'm so tempted.
4.      All Lined Up by Cora Carmack – I want to finish her previous series first, but this one sounds so good. For some reason, sporty love interests in books can be a deal maker for me, despite my cluelessness of sports in real life. I don’t know why I’ve been so behind on getting these books, I know I’m going to love them all. They’re cute and fun and sexy, plus college aged. Just my type.
5.      The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine – I actually almost bought this one already, and now she has another book coming out next year, I believe. I’ve heard iffy things, but it still sounds like something I would like, and the covers are so adorable.
6.      Open Road Summer by Emery Lord – This sounds super cute. And it’s a music road-trip summer story, with a Taylor Swift-like friend. It sounds good, and I’ve heard so many good things.
7.      My Life With the Walter Boys by Ali Novak – This book pretty much just flew under the radar for me, but lately I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. It sounds good, though not amazing, but after all the good reviews, it’s piqued my interested enough.
8.      The Superlatives by Jennifer Echols – I didn’t even know about this series, but the idea of it sounds very cute. I’ve only read one of her previous books, but I really enjoyed that one, and it’s left me sure that her newer ones must be even better. I’m hoping to get my hands on one of them in this series soon.
9.      Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas – I barely even noticed this book, and it just came out, but I’ve already heard some good things about it. It’s been compared to The Breakfast Club, plus it’s set in a retail grocery, and now that I’m working in retail, this moved very high up on my list. Plus, it’s paperback, so I might actually get my hands on it soon.
10.  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – This book sounded amazing just from the synopsis, and all the buzz it’s received has only made me want to get my hands on it more. I’ve almost picked it up several times, and now I might wait till Barnes and Noble’s special edition comes out, but either way I can’t wait. I enjoyed Eleanor and Park, and I feel like this can only be better. It’s much more my style, either way.

Of course, after looking for books to add to this list, I found way too many. Jenny Han, Jennifer E. Smith, Lauren Barnholdt, Siobhan Vivian, Tiffany Schmidt, Lauren Morrill, and Sarah Strohmeyer, just to name a few authors I’m behind on. But I stuck to ten, and there they are.

What are you looking forward to reading, or missed but still want?

No comments:

Post a Comment