Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[86]: Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5) by Katie McGarry and Love at Fourteen by Fuka Mizutani



Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5) by Katie McGarry

Genre: YA Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Release Date: December 8, 2014

Buy it here: Amazon. Barnes and Noble.



Goodreads Synopsis:



A summer road trip changes everything in this unforgettable new tale from acclaimed author Katie McGarry

For new high school graduate Echo Emerson, a summer road trip out west with her boyfriend means getting away and forgetting what makes her so... different. It means seeing cool sights while selling her art at galleries along the way. And most of all, it means almost three months alone with Noah Hutchins, the hot, smart, soul-battered guy who’s never judged her. Echo and Noah share everything — except the one thing Echo’s just not ready for.

But when the source of Echo’s constant nightmares comes back into her life, she has to make some tough decisions about what she really wants — even as foster kid Noah’s search for his last remaining relatives forces them both to confront some serious truths about life, love, and themselves.

Now, with one week left before college orientation, jobs and real life, Echo must decide if Noah's more than the bad-boy fling everyone warned her he'd be. And the last leg of an amazing road trip will turn... seriously epic.



Why?:

I am a very big fan of the Pushing the Limits series, and the first book was one of my favorites. I wasn’t particularly expecting a novella for Echo and Noah, but I’m happy about it. I like them, and am looking forward to reading more of their story. I am disappointed that it’s only released digitally, but oh well.

Correction!: I did call this a novella, when it is in fact a full-length novel. Sorry! I think I actually knew that, but when they changed it to digital-only, I assumed it was actually smaller. Either way, I was wrong, so sorry!

&



Love at Fourteen 1 by Fuka Mizutani

Publisher: Yen Press

Release Date: December 16, 2014

Volumes: 4+




Goodreads Synopsis:



Middle schoolers Kanata Tanaka and Kazuki Yoshikawa are mature beyond their years, perfect model students admired from afar by classmates and teachers alike. But when school's out, these two childhood friends can let loose as average fourteen-year-olds, fresh in the throes of puberty, adolescence...and the persistent, bittersweet pangs of first love.



Why?:

I’ve been trying to expand on my Yen Press series, as well as a few of the other companies manga, since I tend to go for two or three main companies. Now that I’ve discovered Barnes and Nobles' Manga Mondays, it’s even become easier for me.
This series looks really cute, and the artwork looks nice. I hope it turns out as adorable as it sounds, and I’m excited for it to arrive.

What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment