Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Manga Review: No. 6, Volume 4, by Atsuko Asano and Hinoki Kino



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: December 2013
Volumes: 9
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3. 5.

Goodreads Synopsis:

“OUR CHANCES OF SURVIVAL ARE ROUGHLY ZERO PERCENT.”

Shion accidentally learns that his childhood friend Safu is under arrest – and all because of him! Not wanting to get Rat involved, Shion sets out alone to save her. But how can he possibly infiltrate No. 6’s secure correctional facility and escape with a high-priority prisoner all on his own?

Review:

So the whole yaoi debate came to a head in this volume, and let me tell you how excited it made me. My reaction may have been a little over the top, but I was excited. I was not expecting it, and then it happened, and I’m pretty happy about it.
I really like Shion. He’s sweet, and he’s getting tougher, even while still being a sweetheart.
Dogkeeper is still really great. I like her, and want to know more about her. Rat, on the other hand, I do like, but also makes me really wary. Because he’s dangerous, and he’s violent, and something bad is going to happen with him. I know it, and I’m not looking forward to it. Especially since it’s going to involve Shion, and it’s going to hurt him, and I’m not going to like it.
The group has a plan to get Safu, and it’s underway. Things are moving along steadily, and I’m excited, but also wary, because bad things are coming, I can tell. Including the cliffhanger, which I can tell is going to be bad.
I’m really enjoying this series. I’m excited to read more, and since I know the series is ending soon, and I have quite a few books to catch up on, I look forward to getting a splurge read of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment