Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Novel Review: Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1) by Lynne Ewing



Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Genre: YA Paranormal
Publisher: Volo (Hyperion/Disney)
Release Date: 2000
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Vanessa, who has always had the special power to become invisible, discovers that she and her best friend Catty, a time-traveler, are goddesses of the moon who must fight together to overcome the evil Atrox.

The Cover:

I do not like this cover at all. The font and the set-ups I don't mind, but the image is terrible. The idea is okay, but the way the girls looks all shiny and wet from the bad makeup drives me crazy. It just looks cheap and weird and I hate it.

Review:

This was an average book for me.
Vanessa is an average heroine, wanting to be normal and not become invisible at times. Her best friend can time travel, and Vanessa gets worried when she disappears. This leads to Vanessa meeting some other girls who have magical powers.
The whole set up of it reminded me of Sailor Moon, which made me want to like it more. But the writing is very blah, went by fast but didn’t really keep me interested. I didn’t care for any of the characters, or their problems. They felt very one-dimensional, which made Catty’s disappearance that much more unexciting.
I was bored through most of the book, and was happy to be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment