Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Manga Review: So Cute It Hurts!!, Volume 3, by Go Ikeyamada



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: October 2015
Volumes: 14.
Spoilers?: Not really.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kobayashi Mitsuru and Kobayashi Megumi are twin brother and sister, with identical faces but radically different personalities: while Mitsuru is a confident charmer who wins the hearts of dozens of girls, Megumi is an average otaku who is in love with a virtual hero. Yet, the two's lives start to turn upside down after Mitsuru and Megumi switch roles...

A complicated love story starts!

Review:

I want to like this series more, but it is cute. The exaggeration is sometimes a bit much, but otherwise it’s cute.
Now two out of the three know about the twins’ switching. Sanada finding out brings him and Megumu closer, and the focus on their relationship is very cute in this volume. They’re kind of adorable, and I do like Sanada a lot. The problem is that he can’t get close to girls without passing out, so they can’t be physically close. This is sure to be hard for them, but they’re trying.
Then Azusa finds out about Mitsuru, and instead of being a bully, she’s finding herself falling for him. I’m not enjoying this storyline as much, but it’s interesting. I like Shino, too, so I’m not sure how I feel about this. It’s going to be interesting, for sure.
I’m not getting pulled in enough with this series, but I am interested enough to pick up another one. I’m very up-and-down on how I feel about it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment