Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Manga Review: Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Volume 14, by Karuho Shiina



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: VIZ Media (Shojo Beat)
Spoilers?: Some, with warning.
Volumes: 17+

Goodreads Synopsis:

 Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. Nicknamed "Sadako" after the haunting movie character, everyone is afraid to come near her for fear of being cursed. But underneath her scary exterior lies an ordinary teenager who just wants to make friends.
A school trip to tropical Okinawa heats up the student body, and with Ayane distracted by a new boyfriend and Chizu suddenly jealous of Ryu, Sawako and Kazehaya find themselves alone. Can they handle taking their relationship to the next level with a kiss?


Available on Amazon.

Review:

Auhhhhh, I love this series. I love this series so much, and I want all of them, and I want more, and ahhhhhhhhhh. This series gives me such good feelings, makes me smile just thinking about it, cause it’s so good and sweet and I love it.
So much happened in this volume. Firstly, they’re still on their school trip, and exciting things are happening. With Sawako: lots of sweet, fun moments with friends, some very cute things with Kazehaya (including [SPOILER!] an almost kiss, ‘almost’ because it was accidentally interrupted! Augh!!). Although it looks like they’re maybe pulling away from each other a bit? Or at least, that’s what it looks like is being set up to happen in the next volume? And what’s up with that? Then, with Ayane: she’s going out with that guy, Mogi,, but he’s kind of a jerk and they break up, and she has a kind-of moment with Pin, and then an actual moment with Kento, in which he hugs her and she cries and they talk about love. I like Ayane, and I feel a bit bad for her; really, I just want to give her a hug, and I’m really looking forward to what happens next with her. Lastly, with Chizu: she’s getting much closer with Ryu, as she’s starting to wonder about him dating, and then (SPOILER!) he confesses to her, and she says no! Aurghh!
This volume had a great mix of sweet and funny, as it always does, and I love it. There was a lot of Kazehaya, and everyone is getting closer with a certain someone.
This volume was fantastic, and I am so excited for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment