Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Teaser Tuesday[26]: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling (Also, Merry Christmas!)


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



-------

Merry Christmas! Or, Happy Holidays!
So, it’s Christmas today, and New Year’s is coming, and then school starts again, and it’s all happening so fast. It didn’t feel like Christmas was so close, and then it was happening. Where did the time go?
I did almost no reading this past week, although I did get some actual good Christmas shopping done, and I did post reviews; so, I was at least partly productive.
This week, I am kind of reading several books at once. I’m trying to get through several manga, plus at least two books that I had on my list to finish before the year was over. Obviously, I have not made as much headway as I would have liked, given there is less than a week left in the year. I did, however, reach both of my reading goals (as shown on Goodreads), as I read over two hundred books including manga, and my separate goal of reading a hundred novels was also surpassed (yay!) by, at the moment, nine. That’s eight more than last year, which makes me feel super good. I’m not done reading (never done!) for the year, though, of course.
Anyway, here is this week’s book, which is super intimidating in length, and I know that I’m super late with this, and it has taken me forever, especially since I read the first three, like, two years ago, and I own the full series, but…:
Genre: Children’s Fantasy/Fiction
Publisher: Scholastic

Goodreads Synopsis:


The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and there are spells to be learnt, potions to be brewed and Divination lessons (sigh) to be attended. Harry is expecting these: however, other quite unexpected events are already on the march...


Excerpts:

“’Go!’ he hissed at Sirius. ‘Go! There’s someone coming!’
Harry scrambled to his feet…” (Hardback, pg. 335)

“Harry seized one of the POTTER REALLY STINKS badges off the table and chucked it, as hard as he could, across the room. It hit Ron on the forehead and bounced off.” (Hardback, pg. 335)

Sounds exciting, right? (Or, perhaps, familiar if you’ve read the books or seen the movies.)
What are you reading right now, on this fine Christmas day (or, you know, whatever day you’re reading this)?

No comments:

Post a Comment