Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Manga Review: Kamisama Kiss, Volume 18, by Julietta Suzuki



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 2015
Volumes: 22+
Spoilers?: Some, for previous volume.
Volume: 1. 17. 19.

Goodreads Synopsis:


Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity!


Review:

I’m so happy that Tomoe and Nanami are a couple now. They’re not super lovey-dovey, but they’re cute together. And I like seeing Tomoe being possessive of her, protective, but with a purpose now. They just make me happy.
The first part of this volume, we get to see the group relaxed, back at school and home. Studying to pass a test in order to go on a school trip. And then they go on the school trip, and some problems happen. Kirihito shows back up, and he needs Nanami’s energy in order to survive. I don’t like the way he gets it from her, and the problems that causes for Tomoe. Then, because of him, Nanami’s human friend gets captured. I like the development this gives to Nanami’s human life, and that she has such a good friend she’d sacrifice for.
I don’t like Kirihito at all, though, which makes me happy about the cliffhanger. Tomoe is gonna take care of business, ya’ll. I’m looking forward to that.
A solid volume. I’m so excited with where this series is going, and it’s always a delight to have a new volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment