Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Novel Review: The Boy Most Likely To (My Life Next Door, #2) by Huntley Fitzpatrick



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Dial (Penguin)
Release Date: August 2015
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A surprising, utterly romantic companion to My Life Next Door—great for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han 

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the liquor cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard.

Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have.

And Alice is caught in the middle.

Told in Tim’s and Alice’s distinctive, disarming, entirely compelling voices, this novel is for readers of The Spectacular Now, Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, and Paper Towns.

The Cover:

I do really like this cover. I think it gives a good feel for what you're getting, and the models' positions work for the characters. It's not my favorite of her covers, but it's good, and it's nice for the book.

Review:

I don’t even know where to start with this book.
I mean, I expected to love it for reasons. I didn’t expect this…
Tim is on his way toward being a better person. And then his parents kick him out, and Jase’s family takes him in. Can I just say I love the Garrett family? Because I love every one of them.
Tim and Alice clearly have feelings for each other. Tim flirts with her always, even if he believes he has no chance with her. Their relationship developed slowly, although it was apparent through the whole book.
The biggest part of the book was not their romance, though. I won’t spoil what it was, because it was a huge surprise. And then it totally worked its way into my heart and I loved it completely and it broke me in the end.
The ending is what has me so conflicted with this book. Because I wasn’t expecting it to be so heartbreaking in the end, with that ending. It makes sense, because I guess it wasn’t his time for that, he still needed to grow… But it was so good and sweet and also kind of what he needed? I loved it completely. It just upsets me how sad the ending was for him.
I like where Tim and Alice were in their relationship by the end, but I didn’t like where that big plot ended. It makes me want to sob and throw the book. It depresses me terribly so and I hate it.
This book broke my heart, to sum it up.
I will definitely be reading any book Fitzpatrick releases ever, I’m sure. I just hope that her next one has a better ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment