Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Manga Review: Ani-Imo, Volume 3, by Haruko Kurumatani









Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: May 2015
Volumes: 7
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Hikaru is pressuring Youta to take their relationship too far and too fast for her brother, who still can't see Hikaru as anything but a little sister. But Hikaru is not willing to take "no" for an answer. As tensions escalate between the siblings-turned-lovers, onlookers Oda and Mayama can't help but notice "Hikaru"'s uncertainty--a weakness Oda fully intends to exploit! But the opportunity turns to disaster when Oda and Mayama's hasty pursuit leads to an accident that changes everything...

Review:

I’m starting to feel a little unsure about this series. I really want to like it, too.
While some of the sexy stuff can be a little forceful, and I don’t always care for the manipulation that Hikaru uses, and I really don’t like the way the Doctor manipulates Youta, I do like it some parts of it. I do kind of enjoy Hikaru and Youta’s attraction. I don’t care for Yurika much—and I don’t like how all the dominant personalities turn to manipulation and coercion so quickly. I do think that Kakeru is a sweetheart, though, and I like him a lot.
But then there’s the whole psychology and biological aspects to the plot. The Doctor has a theory about what is happening to the teens and what it’s doing to them, and honestly I don’t really care for it much. It’s going in a direction that I’m not sure I like, and it’s making me unsure about continuing the series.
I’ll probably give it another one or two volumes, though, to see what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment