Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Novel Review: Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits, #3) by Katie McGarry



Rating (Out of 5): ~4-4.5
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: November 26, 2013
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

The Cover:

I kind of love/hate this cover. For one, I'm not a big fan of it. The couple on the cover looks a little awkward, their positioning, or something. Then there's the fact that this picture, much like with Dare You To, is literally everywhere on this book. On the front, on the back, on the spine; take off the dust jacket, and there it is again. It's an embarrassing cover, and you literally cannot get away from it. And I really did not want to take it with me to school because of this. But on the other hand, the cover grew on me a little, when I saw it in my hands. And the cover on the book, under the dust jacket, is slightly different, and the back has only the front seats, which I did kind of like. I more dislike it than like it, but it grew on me.

Quotes:

  • "I don’t like people focusing on me, and I especially hate it when people I don’t know stare at me.” (Hardback, pg. 44)
  • "Yes, I’m well aware of who I am: the obsessively shy and anxious girl who stumbles over her own name.” (Pg. 116)
  • "'Maybe next year will be better.’ She’s been saying that forever.” (Pg. 128)
  • "Who else in the world would be awake at one in the morning? No one. The rest of the world knows how to sleep.” (Pg. 225)
  • ·         "'Like someone with sharp nails scratching a sunburn.’” (Pg. 354) Is this an accurate description of what getting a tattoo feels like? I would like to know, without actually getting one.

Review:

After the last book was a miss for me, I came into this one a bit wary, but very optimistic. And so I was really happy to find out that I really liked this one.
I loved Rachel. I really felt for her panic attacks, and her fear of public speaking, and understood her. I really liked being in her head, and seeing her from Isaiah’s point of view. I related to her, understood her thoughts and feelings about things, and that definitely upped my enjoyment of the book.
I loved her family, for the most part, but especially the way her brothers are protective of her. Her family was a little too overbearing for me, and really angered me with the way they were treating her. But I did like their dynamic. I’m looking forward to seeing more of them in the next book.
I liked Isaiah from the first book, and still really liked him in this one. I particularly liked how protective and understanding he was with Rachel. I liked seeing him with Noah, too, and how close they still are. It was nice to meet Abby, and I really liked her. I really felt for what Isaiah was going through, and liked seeing his growing.
Isaiah and Rachel were really, really nice in this book. I loved them together, honestly. They were hot, and sweet, and exactly what the other needed. I loved them so much. Possibly even more than Noah and Echo, which is really surprising.
I loved the glimpses of Noah and Echo in this book, and actually didn’t mind seeing Beth. I’m definitely a fan of Ethan and Abby, and hope they get a book or a short story, or something. But I did like West, and am looking forward to his book. 
I’m surprised by how much I loved this book, but I really did, and I’m really glad. Now I’m definitely going to be getting the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment