Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Novel Review: Underfoot (Bellagio, #2) by Leanne Banks



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: HQN/Harlequin
Release Date: 2006
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In this second title of Banks's trilogy focusing on women's appreciation of shoes, a year has passed since Trina Roberts and Walker Gordon's one-night stand, which resulted in Trina's pregnancy. Now that Walker knows about his child, he's determined to fill a father's shoes. Original.

The Cover:

I don't mind this cover. It's not really embarrassing, and I really don't mind the absence of a bare-chested man, especially since that wouldn't be as accurate as this one. This one fits relatively well, and it goes well with others in the series. It's overall pretty average, I guess.

Quotes:

  • "'Sure,’ she said, wishing things could be different. Wishes were like pennies in the fountain, though, she thought. Many were tossed in the water. Most didn’t come true.” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 317)
  • "'You just take it one day at a time,’ Trina said. ‘And when one day is too much, you take it one hour at a time. When an hour is too much, you just get through one minute. After a few weeks, when you’re still alive, you realize you’re stronger than you thought you were. You can count on yourself even when you can’t count on a man.’” (Pg. 339)

Review:

I’ve had this book on my shelf for a while, but never got around to reading it. I was expecting it to be cute, but not particularly amazing. So I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed it.
I liked Trina. She’s smart, and determined, but also a little frazzled, a new mother but devoted and a good one. I liked Walker, too. He’s a little afraid and in denial, but he’s a good guy, with a good heart, and he really cares about his family. When he finally realized how he felt about Trina and their daughter, he finally smarted up.
I really like Trina and Walker together. They had really good chemistry, both as friends, as well as, as a couple. They denied it for a while, but it was obviously there. And I liked that they started as friends, because it let them really get to know each other, and really fall in love. 
The storyline was really cute. The minor characters were nice, too, and made me want to read both the first and the next book in the series. The writing was really good, and I actually had a hard time putting this book down. I just wanted to keep reading. I was really surprised, but this was a really good book. I’m definitely going to be picking up something else by Banks when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment