Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Manga Review: Attack on Titan, Volume 6, by Hajime Isayama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: August, 2013
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 5. 7.

Goodreads Synopsis:

TITAN ON THE HUNT

On the way to Eren’s home, deep in Titan territory, the Survey Corps ranks are broken by a charge led by a female Titan! But this Abnormal is different – she kills not to eat but to protect herself, and she seems to be looking for someone. Armin comes to a shocking conclusion: She’s a human in a Titan’s body, just like Eren!

Review:

I am just plain enjoying this series at this point.
It’s good, exciting, interesting, surprising, action-packed, includes character death and depth, the world itself is intriguing. I love it. I’m so glad I picked it up, and am really hoping to pick up the other volumes soon. I want to catch up, but at the same time, I know once I’m completely caught up, I’ll have to wait for each volume. I don’t want to do that. But I will. Plus, there’re the spin-offs (and this one) and the guidebook to look forward to.
This volume continued with the titan fight, which is intense and a little frightening. We’re finding out some new things about the titans. And the ending leaves off to some very interesting discoveries for the next volume.
The best part with this series, I think, is the surprises. Any character could really die, no matter how close you’ve grown with them. It’s unlikely that one of the three (possibly four) main characters will die, but one of the others could. Some of them already have. I love that, so much. It gives a whole new level of excitement that most series lack.
I’m enjoying Armin’s growth, as well as Erin’s. I like Levi, but some of his fight tactics, or maybe just their fight tactics to begin with, is harsh and makes me a little uneasy. 
I’m really enjoying this series. It’s brutal and intense and exciting. Very different from what I usually read, and I’m loving it. Also, I love the humorous previews at the end of the volumes. It’s a nice little reprieve, and I like being able to laugh a little with the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment