Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Manga Review: Inu x Boku SS, Volume 2, by Cocoa Fujiwara



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: January 21st, 2014
Volumes: 10+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The elite and beautiful Ririchiyo Shirakiin has a bad habit--she can't help but lash out at people with her vicious tongue, all while hiding behind a mask of haughty cool. This attitude has a lot to do with people minding her business because of the Shirakiin family name, but it troubles Ririchiyo to no end. In search of independence and solitude, she moves to the Maison de Ayakashi, an apartment building full of wealthy tenants and with its own Secret Service. Ririchiyo is eager to be alone, but upon her arrival, she is greeted by Soushi, an SS agent arranged for her by her parents. Ririchiyo tries to turn Soushi away, but Soushi's dogged devotion to his new mistress will not be deterred. The threat against the residents of the Maison de Ayakashi are not to be taken lightly, after all. And despite his puppy-like demeanor, Soushi is not to be trifled with either...

Review:

I’ve always loved Roromiya. She’s adorably straight-faced, loves food, and says what she thinks when she thinks she should. She’s probably my favorite character. And that really proves true in this volume, when she forms a friendship with Watanuki and Ririchiyo. She pulls them together, even when they’re trying to be tough. They’re fantastic friends, and I really enjoyed reading their interactions while at school.
Aside from that, we get some background information for Soushi, a bit more than I thought would come so quickly. It gives a lot of depth for his character, and made me feel a bit bad for him. The poor guy; I love him. It also helped his and Ririchiyo’s relationship develop, though, and I hope it’ll only do more in the next volume. I’m not too sure where they’re going to go, or how fast they’ll go, but I’m hoping they won’t go too slow in the way of romance. I'm looking forward to it.
We also met Kagerou in this volume. I’m not going to spoil his part in any of this, though, because that would be major spoilers, and the surprise is the best part; it really makes his characters and his scenes.. He caused a huge amount of hilarity for me in the anime, and he did about the same in this book. He’s so odd, and he’s fantastic, really. He’s hilariously weird. And seeing his interactions with everyone, including Roromiya, who’s his bodyguard, is great. 
This is a great series. It’s adorable, and I love the characters; it’s very pretty, and the humor is fantastic. I’m really looking forward to getting the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment