Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Manga Review: Library Wars: Love & War, Volume 8, by Kiiro Yumi and Hiro Arikawa



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: September, 2012
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: Hints.
Volume: 1. 7. 9.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

The Media Betterment Committee’s inquiry into Iku’s role in the so-called book burning continues, and an evil conspiracy comes to light. Someone on the team is deliberately manipulating Iku, and even her attraction to Dojo becomes fodder for the fight! Will Iku ever understand Dojo’s feelings for her?

Review:

I love this series so much. I think I start almost every review for this series like that, but it’s so true. And this volume… I don’t even know how to handle all of my emotions with this volume, all of the things that happened… And I think it’s perfect, really, just the best thing, when you’re literally grinning throughout an entire volume, because I was with this one. And laughing. And trying not to scream and cry along with Iku (because I was in public while reading this, and that would have been horribly embarrassing).
So this volume concluded the Iku interrogation, and some things were finally realized and came to a front about Tezuka’s brother. As well as Asahina, the guy that Shibazaki has been talking to. And some important, very nice things happened between Shibazaki and Tezuka that I’m really looking forward to developing in the future. They’re so good together, and Shibazaki has some serious self-esteem/image issues that she needs to work through, and that Tezuka needs to help her with. And I’m really looking forward to that.
Also, we got to see some more of Marie and Komaki, which was awesome, because I love them. The last chapter in the volume had to do with something happening to Marie, and Komaki freaking out about it. It was a cliffhanger, as well, so I’m excited to see where that goes.
The main event, though, was between Iku and Dojo. Because ohmygod. I don’t really want to spoil it, but some major things came out, things that I was not expecting to be revealed so soon. But am so very glad they did. It caused some serious, heart-wrenching angst for Iku, as well as a nice talk between Iku and Komaki. The big talk between Iku and Dojo didn’t happen, although Iku seemed to have mostly worked through her issue with it, but I’m looking forward to that confrontation very much, and where their relationship goes afterward.
On a sidenote, I’ve been really starting to think that Iku’s brothers need to make an appearance. Hopefully they will soon, because I would just love that. And they’ve been teasing us so much with Iku’s mentions of them, that they have to soon, I would think. 
I think that’s it for this volume. It was huge, and I loved it so very much. And I’m especially glad, now, that I also picked up the other two volumes that are released, because I cannot wait to gobble them up. (Also: two! Then I’m all caught up! Nooo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment