Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Manga Review: Crimson Spell, Volume 2, by Ayano Yamane



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: February, 2014
Volumes: 5+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A curse is a difficult thing to break. Vald, prince of Alsvieth upon taking up arms to defend his country was beset with a curse that transforms him into a ravenous cannibalistic beast.

Review:

I wasn’t expecting this series to be so… intense. Or plot driven. I’m surprised by it, but enjoying it. This series is turning out to be much better done than I thought it would be.
First, I love the attraction between Havi and Vald. It’s intense. And very smutty. And I love the smut, I must admit. (It also includes some tentacle-like things, once both in this volume and the first one. It was a surprise, and a little intense, but also a little humorous when the author mentions it in her notes.) But I’m just plain enjoying seeing their attraction build, Vald being confused and conflicted, and Havi feeling a little possessive.
I like both of them on their own, too. Havi is fun, and is given most comedic opportunities, which I like. Vald is a good guy, very sweet, and I’m looking forward to seeing his feelings for Havi really develop.
The plot took some surprising turns in this volume, including some kidnappings. Vald got to take advantage of his curse, though, and that should lead to some good things. I’m not going to spoil any of who’s behind it, also because we’re just starting to get a glimpse of it. I’m intrigued to see where it all leads next. 
I’m surprised by how much I’m enjoying this series, but I really am. I will be reading the next volume soon, and kind of dread the long waiting period that is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment