Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[52]: The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith



The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Genre: YA Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Poppy

Release Date: April 15th, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:


Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.



Why?:

I’ve thus far rather enjoyed both of the books I’ve read by Smith. I still need to read her earlier ones, but this one is definitely on my list as well. It sounds adorable, the cover is super cute, and I generally have faith that I’ll enjoy it similarly to how I enjoyed the other two. I'm not usually too big a fan of long-distance relationships, but I like stories that include postcards and letters and things, so I hope that part is done well. I hope to get my hands on it sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment