Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Manga Review: Wild Act, Volume 10, by Rie Takada



Rating (Out of 5): ~3 (maybe 3.5)
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2005
Volumes: 10
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Ryu and Yuniko’s life in La-La Land has been an emotional roller coaster, but nothing can prepare them for a shocking revelation that might separate the two lovebirds forever! When they run into Goldie, a powerful movie producer, Ryu and Yuniko learn that Hollywood dreams sometimes turn out to be nightmares.

What Will I Miss?:

  • I'll miss the way Takada crafts a story, with the characters progression, and chemistry growth, particularly since I know she gets better at it later.

Review:

This series was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. It wasn’t disappointing, per se, and I liked the ending, it just wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be.
This was a fun series, I liked the characters and somewhat plot twists. I think I mainly didn’t connect very well with the characters, or grow as attached to them as I would have liked. However, I did really like the ending. I liked what happened with Yuniko’s mother and her dog. What happened with Yuniko and Ryu was not particularly a surprise (although, at points, I did have some doubts), but I did like their outcome. The ending was good, very satisfying.
I’m glad I read this series. And I have read the other series by Takada that have been released over here and enjoyed them, so I would definitely pick up another by her, were another to be released. 
Also, sidenote: the image on the back of volume 9 and 10 are the same. Did anyone else notice that? It really bothers me that they didn’t use a different picture. Was there a reason for that? Was it a misprint and they changed it later or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment