Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Novel Review: Nauti Nights (Nauti, #2) by Lora Leigh



Rating (Out of 5): ~2-2.5
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance (with sex)
Publisher: Berkley Sensation (Penguin)
Release Date: 2007
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Second in a hot and naughty trilogy from the author of Nauti Boy.

Angela Knight says, "When I'm in the mood for steamy romance, I read Lora Leigh." So do readers who devoured the author's first novel in the Mackay Cousins trilogy, Nauti Boy. Now, in Nauti Nights, Leigh delivers an even hotter tale of a Kentucky marine who'll anything to get the woman he wants. Luckily for him, she wants it bad.

James "Dawg" Mackay has lusted after sweet Crista for years. Just as many as she's spent running from him-and from a dangerous attraction. But for Crista, running isn't an option anymore because Dawg's got a plan to get her and keep her. It's kind of low-down-but completely hot.

The Cover:

I am not a fan of this cover, not at all. For one, it doesn't really represent the book at all, aside from giving the impression that it's an adult romance with a alpha male, which is true. But I don't care for how the man looks, his pose or something, and the motorcycle isn't needed... I just don't like it, it doesn't look good to me, and I don't want to look at it.

Quote:

  • "'Family should stick together, not try to destroy each other.’” (Mass Market Paperback, pg. 230)

Review:

This book took me a long time to get through, about three tries and pauses before I finally finished it. It just wasn’t very interesting to me, wasn’t keeping my attention, and I wasn’t enjoying it. And I’m glad to finally be done with it.
I mostly wasn’t interested in the serious plot line, at all. It was about Dawg, the guy, who works for this big police-like business or whatever, and some terrorist group smuggling and how they were framing the girl, Crista. I just did not care about it, and it seemed rather unnecessary. It really was just a plot point to bring the two together and cause complications, and it just wasn’t needed, which is annoying since it took up so much time.
I also didn’t really care much for Dawg or Crista. I just didn’t really connect much with them, and it made this a harder book for me to read.
The sex was nice, though. And even a little kinky. This made it seem like it would be a better book, and like their connection should have been better. And that alone makes me want to read another of Leigh’s books. I’m going to pick up another one at some point, although I’m going to try to find one with a bigger focus on the romance than the ‘serious’ plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment