Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Manga Review: Sengoku Nights, Volume 2, by Kei Kusunoki and Kaoru Ohashi



Rating (Out of 5): ~1.5-2
Publisher: Tokyopop
Release Date: 2006
Volumes: 2
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The finale to "Sengoku Nights" erupts in a chilling, bloody climax as Masayoshi tries to decipher Oni-hime's deal with the devil. Rated for older teens.

Review:

I was not particularly impressed with this series, and am rather glad that it’s over.
I didn’t particularly care for the main character, or most of the other characters either. I think I liked Nozuchi, the demon, the most, and I wasn’t all that attached to him either. I found the main character really annoying and weak.
There was a lot of downputting women in this book. A lot of mentioning that women are weak, that the main character wanted to be a man because they’re strong. Some of it, I guess, could be put to what time the series is set in, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Probably because some of the characters were from modern times, and they never said anything for women, either. It had me making faces at the book, and I really wanted those bits to be done with. 
The ending was okay, I guess. A little dissatisfied, but I wasn’t very happy with the rest of it, either, so that’s okay. Mostly, I think I’m glad to be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment