Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Manga Review: 07-Ghost, Volume 13, by Yuki Amemiya and Yukino Ichihara



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: November 11, 2014
Volumes: 17
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

One evil god, two rival empires, three unlikely bishops, and seven brave ghosts make for one fantastic adventure!All Teito Klein wants is to forget his murky past as an orphan and slave and to graduate from Barsburg’s military academy with his best friend Mikage. But when an overheard state secret triggers treasonous memories, he’s forced to flee from the very empire he once sought to defend!

Review:

I’ve read the first volume of this series, forever ago when it was first released by Go Comi!, so I am very far behind in this series. But I received this volume, and thought “why not go ahead and read it?”
Given that I missed twelve volumes, it was obvious that I missed a lot of the story. And some of the characters looked very similar, since it was my first time seeing them. But there were some things that were familiar to the first volume, like Teito’s sorrow over his friend. There was a “previously on” at the beginning of this volume, and that definitely helped.
While a bit of this volume had me confused, it also had me curious, and has made me want to go back and read the rest of the series. I want to know who all of the characters really are, and see why they’re in the predicament they’re in. I want to know what happened to Teito, and who the other person inside him is. And I want to know more about Hakuren and Ouka, in particular. And I want to know what happens next.
Also, the artwork. It is just so pretty. After only looking at the first two pages of the book, I wanted to read the rest of the series, just because it was so pretty.
I’m really glad that I was given the opportunity to read this volume, especially since this series has just been pushed way up on my to-buy list.



A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, and Erik Jansen from MediaLab PR. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment