Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Manga Review: Missions of Love, Volume 6, by Ema Toyama



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: January 2014
Volumes: 15+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 5. 7.

Goodreads Synopsis:

When Akira helps Yukina recover from a bad cold, she realizes that the two of them share a much deeper connection than she will ever have with Shigure. She tries to further understand that connection so as to win more readers for her novel, but Shigure is not amused.

Review:

Strangely enough, I’m finding my feelings toward the boys changing. Now, even if I do think it’s not going to happen, I’m leaning toward Akira. I really like him. He’s a sweetheart, and I really like his feelings for Yukina, his insistence and devotion without being pushy. He’s so sweet.
I still think Shigure is the one, though. And I do still like the intensity between him and Yukina. I like where their relationship seems to be heading, how they’re starting to accept their feelings for each other. The cliffhanger in this volume definitely throws a snag in that, but still. However, Shigure is a little too confused and oblivious right now, not noticing what he should. It’s starting to make me want to smack him.
Meanwhile, I’m intrigued by Mami. I’m interested in her, I definitely don’t dislike her, and I feel bad for her. I’m not a huge fan, but I know that things are not looking good for her right now, and I feel bad for her about that.
I’m rather enjoying this series. There’s some drama, some hot scenes; lots of good stuff. I’m looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment