Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Manga Review: Library Wars: Love & War, Volume 12, by Kiiro Yumi and Hiro Arikawa



Rating (Out of 5): ~4.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: September 2014
Volumes: 14+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Library Forces member Iku Kasahara has plans to go out for tea with her supervisor and secret crush, Dojo, but just figuring out what to wear puts her in a tailspin. When an urgent call comes in about an author seeking protection from the government, Iku realizes that the fight against censorship never takes a break!

Review:

I’m just in love with this series. I don’t even know what else to say at this point. I love everything about it.
This volume has the group guarding a writer being pushed to censor his work, and then a problem with Tezuka’s brother, which Shibazaki takes care of very nicely. Shibazaki is brilliant, and so very smartly manipulative. I love how she takes care of things.
The main points in this volume, though, are the “date”s between Dojo and Iku, and the chemistry coming to a head between Shibazaki and Tezuka. Also all of the hilarity, but those are always there. Dojo and Iku seem to possibly be heading somewhere, maybe, but it could still easily be dragged out for several more volumes. Either way, I'm happy. Then Shibazaki, who I love, I think is a perfect fit for Tezuka, and I really enjoy seeing them get closer.
Just thinking about this series makes me smile, and I grin through every volume. I love every bit of this series, and this volume is another blissfully exciting one. I love it.
I can’t wait for the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment