Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Manga Review: Inu x Boku SS, Volume 5, by Cocoa Fujiwara



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Yen Press
Release Date: October 28, 2014
Volumes: 11
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 4. 6.

Goodreads Synopsis:

In search of independence and solitude, the sharp-tongued Ririchiyo Shirakiin moves to the Maison de Ayakashi, an apartment building with its own Secret Service. Ririchiyo is eager to be alone, but upon her arrival, she is greeted by Soushi, an SS agent who seems...familiar somehow. Familiar and yet...not quite the same. Troubled by recurring dreams of a different Soushi-a man who loved her...and suffered for her-Ririchiyo chooses to accept her new circumstances and embrace the Soushi who now stands at her side...

Review:

This is not a book to read in public. I’m either grinning or wanting to cry, I’m not even kidding. God, the way this series is breaking my heart is just horrible.
Also, why wasn’t any of this is in the anime?! Seriously.
So after the last volume left us with a horrifying conclusion, we’re sent back to the beginning of the series. And everything is just a little bit off. And Ririchiyo doesn’t know why, and no one will tell her.
Miketsukami is scaring me a little, but mostly just upsetting me hugely. We don’t know what he knows, but he’s giving these weird looks when Ririchiyo isn’t around. He's still very sweet with Ririchiyo and I love him, but he's upsetting me. Not to mention that Watanuki and Roromiya are practically nonexistent in this volume. On the other hand, there is a new character and more of Kagerou, although it's debatable whether that is good or not.
Don’t get me wrong, I am still in love with this series. And I am hugely impressed by this twist that Fujiwara threw in, because I’ve never seen it happen before, and I never would have guessed this in a million years. But I’m also very upset about it, and it is breaking my heart.
And I am still on my toes waiting for the next volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment