Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Manga Review: Loveless, Omnibus 4 (Vols 7-8), by Yun Kouga



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: VIZ Media
Release Date: July 2013
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: Omn 1. Omn 3. Vol 9.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Deluxe 2-in-1 editions of the best-selling series, a masterpiece tale of intrigue and innocence lost.Ritsuka Aoyagi is alone in the world—never fitting in at school and alienated from his own past by a fragmented memory. When his beloved older brother is brutally murdered, Ritsuka is heartbroken but determined to find answers. His only lead is Soubi, a mysterious, handsome college student who offers him an intimate link to his brother’s other life: a dark and vibrant world of spell battles and secret names.

Before Ritsuka and Soubi can demand answers from Septimal Moon, the organization behind everything, Seimei undergoes a macabre resurrection! Ritsuka finally asks what he should have from the start: was Seimei a good person?

Includes 50 pages of never-before-seen bonus comics!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Review:

This series is intense, and messy. This volume was a bit messy in plot, so I’m really not going to go into detail.
Quite a bit happened, for all of the characters, though, including some backstory. I’m really enjoying the development of Soubi and Ritsuka, and their relationship. There are a lot of other characters, too, and I’m having a hard time remembering their names, but I am mostly liking seeing them develop. I feel bad for Ritsuka, and am eagerly waiting to see what happens with him and his brother. I’m not really liking his brother right now. And I feel kind of terrible for Soubi.
Also, I love both of them.
There’s a lot happening in this series, and I’m really looking forward to seeing where it goes to next. 
Oh, also: I’m kind of going to miss the omnibus editions. Surprising, but I like how big they are, all the color pages and extras. I know there are some in the single volumes, but still. I kind of grew fond of these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment