Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wishlist Thursday[63]: My Love Story!!, Volume 1, by Kazune Kawahara and Aruko & On the Fence by Kasie West



My Love Story!!, Volume 1, by Kazune Kawahara and Aruko

Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)

Release Date: July 1, 2014

Volumes: 6+




Goodreads Synopsis:



Takeo Goda is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him! (They want his good-looking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love!) life suddenly takes an incredible turn!



Why?:

Pretty much all new releases from Shojo Beat get added to my buy list. I end up liking a majority of them, and so I am always excited for them.
This one sounds and looks interesting; it looks different from most, and I’m intrigued by the male lead. It’s also by the mangaka of High School Debut, which I enjoyed back when it was released. I’m looking forward to reading this one.

&


On the Fence by Kasie West

Genre: YA Contemporary Romance

Publisher: HarperTeen

Release Date: July 1, 2014




Goodreads Synopsis:



She's a tomboy. He's the boy next door…

Charlie Reynolds can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at a chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world. To cope with the stress of her new reality, Charlie takes to spending nights chatting with her neighbor Braden through the fence between their yards. As she grows to depend on their nightly Fence Chats, she realizes she's got a bigger problem than speeding tickets-she's falling for Braden. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.

Fun, original, and endearing, On the Fence is a romantic comedy about finding yourself and finding love where you least expect.



Why?:

I have so far read two of three of West’s books (and the third is very high on my to-buy list), and have really enjoyed both of them. I like her characters, her writing, her humor. She’s pretty much been added to my automatic-buy author list.
Her first contemporary romance was my first book of hers, and I really liked it. This one sounds even cuter, I’m a sucker for best friend romances and boy-next-door romances, and I’ve already heard a lot of people raving for it. I am seriously excited to get my hands on this one. I will be getting it as soon as I make it to a bookstore after its release.

So, what are you looking forward to reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment