Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Manga Review: Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love, Volume 3, by Yaya Sakuragi



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: SuBLime (VIZ Media)
Release Date: February, 2013
Volumes: 4
Spoilers?: Some, minor.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

High school student Ao has been dreaming about his longtime neighbor Ryomei, a priest at the local Shinto shrine. A little freaked out--and a lot excited--at the prospect of having a relationship with Ryomei, Ao gathers up his courage, confesses his feelings...and gets turned down flat. Luckily, Ao's not the kind to give up easily. Thanks to some creative persistence (and Ryomei's weakening resolve), he finally gets a kiss. But one single kiss won't satisfy him for long! Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for mature audiences.

Review:

This series is getting rather more enjoyable the more I read.
I felt really bad for Ao in this volume. The poor sweetie is just having a really hard time, not feeling like anyone really wants him. He needs to talk with his Grandma, and I really hope that happens in the next volume. When things work out between him and Ryo, he’s also going to need to talk with his mom. I would like to actually meet his mom, too, as she seems like she could be a really sweet lady, who just wants to be close to her sons. Plus, I’m sure things will work out, especially since I see something happening between Hako and Aka.
Ao and Ryo seems like things are finally going to be working out in the next volume, which I had no doubt of, but still. Ryo took way too long (although probably a reasonable amount of time, really). And I just felt so bad for Ao, feeling like neither his Grandma or Ryo wants him, and then when that date went so badly… His face when he’s upset just makes me want to cry along with him.
I’m really wondering what’s going on/going to happen with Shunpei. I still love Shuji and Chii, they are such a cute father/daughter pair. They’re still very much my favorite. I just smile every time they show up.
I am rather excited to read the next volume, as I’m looking forward to seeing how the story is going to wrap up.

No comments:

Post a Comment