Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Manga Review: Vampire Knight, Volume 11, by Matsuri Hino



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: 2009
Volumes: 19
Spoilers?: Yes, for previous volumes.
Volume: 1. 10. 12.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Night Class at Cross Academy has been abolished. Zero still attends the Day Class while carrying out his duties as a vampire hunter. Yuki now lives hidden away at the Kuran residence with Kaname, but can she embrace the life of a pureblood vampire?

Review: 

This series is going in such a different direction than what I thought. It’s surprising, and very enjoyable.
So, I’m still surprised by how much I like Kaname. For so long, I didn’t see any appeal in him, and then all of a sudden I love him. There were some scenes between him and Yuki in this volume, and I just want more of those. I’m all for YukixKaname now.
I like Yuki, a lot. She’s struggling with her change into vampire, with drinking blood, but she’s dealing rather well with it. Aido is helping her with school and everything else, and their relationship is surprisingly entertaining, as well as good for them.
Then there’s Zero. Zero is in a very different place now, hunting vampires still. Headmaster Cross (Yuki’s adopted father) is in contact with him, and he’s talking freely with Zero’s Master, who trained him when he was younger. They’re working at the school together. Yuki’s friend, Yori, knows about the vampires now, and I’m intrigued by where her storyline is going. We’re still getting to see all of the other night class students, and I like them, am interested in what they’re doing, even if I’d rather focus on Yuki and Kaname.
Zero and Yuki’s relationship is not good. There was a big time skip in this book, the two haven’t seen each other in a long while, and I’m interested in seeing what they do when they finally see each other and talk. Also dreading it a little, because I’m sure it’s not going to be good.
My interest in this series has slowed a little, but I’m hoping to get the volumes as soon as I can, although it might take a while. Either way, I’m intrigued for where the series is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment