Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Novel Review: Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4) by Maya Banks



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Genre: Erotica
Publisher: Heat (Penguin)
Release Date: 2010
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

He was a by-the-book cop who broke the rules in the bedroom...
Micah Hudson has painful secrets he's run hard from. He has new friends, a new life, but he's about to be confronted with the one person who reminds him of all he's tried to forget--Angelina, the sister of his oldest friend David. She knows everything about his past, including how he and David fell in love with the same woman, and how they decided the best way to prevent her from tearing them apart was to share her between them. But then a terrible accident left Micah alone...
She was willing to do anything to make him see the woman she'd become...
Micah lost the two people who meant the most in the world to him. Angelina lost her only family. And she kept her deepest secret close to her heart. Her love for Micah. No longer willing to wait, she decides it's time to go after him and bring him to his knees. She knows his secrets, his desires, his kinks and fetishes, and she'll use whatever it takes to reel him in. Behind the easygoing, loves women exterior lies a man with dark needs and passions. She can give him what he wants. But will he decide she's what he needs?

The Cover:

I really like this cover. It's sexy, it's sweet, it clearly shows that this is an erotica novel. i like it. There's also a fruit cover for this book, of an wet apple, and it's all right, too. It's one of the more appealing food covers for this type of book, although I still don't think it really has anything to do with the book.

Review:

I really enjoyed this one. I’ve liked most of Banks’ books that I’ve read, and especially the ones in this series. I was really looking forward to this one, both because I was intrigued by Micah and because it sounded particularly kinky. And I was not disappointed.
I liked Angelina a lot. I got why she wanted Micah, I saw her attraction to him (and him to her) clearly. I liked that she want after what she wanted, was persistent, but I also understood why she was conflicted. Micah was a bit frustrating a few times, but I did like him. I felt bad for what had happened to him, and I liked how good Angelina was for him.
The sex was a little extreme, with some sadomasochism stuff, some BDSM, spanking, threesomes and more, and the like. It was hot. Some people I know didn’t enjoy it much, but I rather liked it. It was well done, and hot. I also liked when they switched places, and the release that gave Micah.
I really liked the ending, how everything worked out. The stalker plotline was even exciting to me, and I really liked that, since often times they aren’t.
This was definitely another very good book of Banks’. I’m excited to read more. I especially look forward to going back and reading Julie and Nathan's story, as well as reading Cole’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment