Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Manga Review: Vampire Knight, Volume 12, by Matsuri Hino



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: 2010
Volumes: 19
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

It's been one year since Yuki left Cross Academy with Kaname, and tonight is her first vampire soirée as a pureblood. Her best friend Sayori has snuck into the party to see her, but will Yuki and Zero be able to protect a human girl amid a bevy of vampires?

Review:

So much is happening in this series, and it’s taking me way too long to catch up.
There’s a lot of Zero drama, whom I’m still feeling very iffy toward. I’m just not happy with him, and I don’t like that. I want to like him again.
There’s some more of the night class students, a lot of whom are up to their own things. Ichijo isn’t up to anything good, because he’s roped into Sara, a not-good pure blood vampire who I don’t trust. I still like Shiki and Toya a lot, their relationship, and how they approach things. I’m not too sure what Headmaster Cross is up to.
Yuki and Kaname together I still really like, although I’m getting bad feelings. Something bad is going to happen there, and I’m dreading it. Yuki, though, is learning and growing and trying to help the vampires and Kaname.
The story is moving somewhat slowly and cryptically, but I’m following, waiting, knowing something big is coming. Knowing that whatever big happens is going to be bad, and I’m not looking forward to it. It’s going to be bad, and it’s going to involve Yuki, Kaname, and Zero, and probably Sara. I’m not going to like it, I’m sure.
I still have quite a few books to catch up in this series, but I hope to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment