Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Manga Review: Nisekoi: False Love, Volume 2, by Naoshi Komi



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5-4
Publisher: Shonen Jump (VIZ Media)
Release Date: March 2014
Volumes: 12+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 3.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Though Raku and Chitoge's false love is off to a rocky start, they have everyone fooled! However, Raku's still hung up on his childhood sweetheart and wears a pendant around his neck as a memento. But one big problem prevents him from finding the girl whom he promised to marry—he can't remember her name or face! To further complicate matters, Onodera, Raku's current crush who also harbors secret feelings for him, accidentally overhears the two arguing over their false relationship!"
 
Review:

I’m kind of surprise by how much I’m enjoying this series so far. I almost didn’t even pick up this volume, but I’m glad I did. This is turning out to be an enjoyable, fluffy, harem series. It’s starting to make me think that I should pick up more manga like it.
I’m generally just enjoying the development of the characters and the progression of the romance. It’s slow, of course, but not as slow as I thought it would be.  There’s also not as many ecchi moments as I thought there would be. I’m even liking all of the characters so far.
I like Onodera a lot, who’s sweet and shy, along with her witty best friend. I’m also enjoying Chitoge; we’re getting some slow character progression with her, hints at who she really is, and I like that. Ichijo is a very likeable male lead, easy to understand, not dumb or over-exaggerated. His perverted friend is easy to find humor in. We met a new character this time, Tsugumi, who I’m intrigued by.
This series so far is good humor and fluffy goodness. I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment