Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Novel Review: Forgotten by Cat Patrick



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Genre: YA Sci-fi Romance
Publisher: Little, Brown
Release Date: 2011
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come.

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.


The Cover:

I like the cover of this book, all of them, in fact. I think there are two U.S. covers, and they're similar, and I like them book. The colors, the mystery aspect to it and the look on the girl's face, fits with the book well. The font is all right. The U.K. cover is very pretty as well, and overall really eye-catching and nice to look at to me.

Review:

I rather enjoyed this book. I was expecting to, but it had a twist that surprised me, which made me like it even more.
London was a good heroine. I liked her; she was a little angsty at times, but quite a bit of that was understandable. I found the whole concept of her seeing the future and not the past really interesting.
I liked the romance a lot. Luke was sweet, and funny, and a good guy. Him and London were very cute together, and there were some really nice scenes between them.
The surprise for me was London’s past, which I won’t spoil. I was not expecting it to go in that direction, and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice surprise, very interesting. My only real problem is that I wanted a bit more with the ending. I would have liked to meet the boy, at least. I can deal with the ending, though.
I found this a rather enjoyable, fast book. I look forward to picking up another book by Patrick, which I know she has a few other sci-fi’s that sound very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment