Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Manga Review: Attack on Titan, Volume 7, by Hajime Isayama



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: September, 2013
Volumes: 13+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

TURNING ON THEIR OWN

The Survey Corps sets a cunning trap to capture the mysterious Abnormal Titan that broke through their ranks. As Arwin tries to determine the grotesque creature’s identity and purpose, scouts report Titans closing in on all sides! But they don’t seem to be after the humans – instead they’re targeting the Titan!

Review:

This series just gets more intense the more I read. More horrible, but amazing. I can’t get enough.
There was a big, scary, graphic titan fight in this volume. It was scary for Eren, but it was also really, almost overwhelmingly sad for Mikasa. I feel for her so much. I understand her need to protect Eren, and how horrible it would feel for her if something were to happen to him.
I still feel like her and Levi should have a talk at some point. They’re either going to understand each other, form some kind of kinship and work really well together, or they’re going to clash. I want to know which one it is.
The ending was just… it leaves so much. Anything could happen next, and it definitely doesn’t seem like it’s going to be good. And then we see that what they’ve experienced is so horrible, and it reminds Eren of when he was younger, and it’s just painful for him.
The series is just so horrifying, so terrible, and it’s done so amazingly well. I am seriously loving it. The next volume is going to be good, I know it. 
(Also, I have to say (again?) how much I just love the fake previews at the end of the volume. It shows Isayama’s humor, which there isn't a lot of time for in the chapters, and it always makes me laugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment