Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Manga Review: Midnight Secretary, Volume 3, by Tomu Ohmi



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: January, 2014
Volumes: 7
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Kaya thought she had found the perfect job when she became the private secretary of Kyouhei Touma - the director of a tableware company of the same name. Kyouhei is a capable director, but his arrogance and sluttish behavior are almost legendary. Kaya is doing her best to prove that she is capable in her work, but one night, by accident, she discovers his secret... of him being a vampire!

Review:

This series is going a little slow for me, but I’m still rather enjoying it.
I still like Kaya, and am looking forward to seeing where her stance is in the next volume. I want her to realize Kyohei’s feelings, and I want her to stay firm about her job. I’m looking forward to seeing where that goes in the next book.
I mostly enjoy the interactions between Kaya and Kyohei. There’s quite a bit of sex, and I’d like to see them just getting to know each other some more, although there was a bit of a dry spell between them in this volume. I don’t want to get too into that, but it looks like things will be looking up in the next volume.
I’m not really sure where this is going, mostly. I’m hoping it surprises me. I am liking the growing feelings between the two, though. How Kaya at least admits to herself how she feels, and how it seems like Kyohei is starting to accept his feelings. There were a couple of cute moments between them in this volume. I hope there’s more in the next one. 
I’m looking forward to reading the next book. I want some more development between the two, and I hope it comes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment