Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Novel Review: Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) by Sylvia Day



Rating (Out of 5): ~3.5
Genre: Erotica/Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley (Penguin)
Release Date: 2012
Spoilers?: No.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

The Cover:

I rather like this cover. It's simple, sleek, not embarrassing at all. The feel it gives fits the book. And I particularly enjoy that the object on the cover actually has meaning to the book, and isn't just some random object or fruit.

Review:

I’ve rather enjoyed this series so far. Eva and Gideon are starting to get a little on my nerves with their drama, but it’s all right so far.
I do like the attraction between Eva and Gideon. They’re very intense, and very hot, together, and that is nice. Their sex is really hot and fun to read. They get along pretty well most of the time. My only problem is that they’re also very possessive and jealous, and that they realize this and act like they’re getting better, when they’re really not. Near the end they were acting less upset, but it wasn’t really believable to me. But I do still like them, and hope that they are better in the next book. If not it’s just going to get really repetitive, and I don’t want that.
I also like Eva’s relationship with Cary, and hope that we get to know him more in the next book. Her relationship with her parents is interesting, and sometimes nice. I love her boss. I hope Gideon gets closer with his sister in the next book. Also, he and Eva talked in depth in this book, including about his past, and that was really nice, and very much needed. 
I am still rather enjoying this series. I hope to get the next one sometime soon, or even something else by Day, like give one of her stand-alones a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment