Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Manga Review: A Devil and Her Love Song, Volume 12, by Miyoshi Tomori



Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: December, 2013
Volumes: 13
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 11. 13.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A moving coming-of-age story that showcases a fierce, dynamic heroine who speaks her mind.

Meet Maria Kawai—she’s gorgeous and whip-smart, a girl who seems to have it all. But when she unleashes her sharp tongue, it’s no wonder some consider her to be the very devil! Maria’s difficult ways even get her kicked out of an elite school, but this particular fall may actually turn out to be her saving grace...

Things for Maria have been looking up—especially since she reconciled with her father, and her relationship with Shin has been progressing. Unfortunately, Shin’s hand injury gets worse, and the only way to treat it means an operation overseas…!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style) for teen audiences.

Review:

“I’ve always dreamed of telling that one special person that I love him. But it wasn’t just that. When it happened, I wanted to love myself for being able to say it too.” (One of my absolute favorite sentiments, and something that really encompasses why I love Maria so much.)

This was a very emotional volume for Maria and Shin. They’re making pace with their relationship, although a rather big snag was thrown into it. A little cliché, but that’s okay. There was a lot of crying, a lot of talking, and I have faith that they’re going in a good direction. They’re not being dumb about it, and that’s good.
I love Maria’s maturity and how smart she is. She’s definitely one of my favorite heroines. She’s matured so much throughout the series, and I’m looking forward to where she is at the end of the next (and final) volume.
I like Shin, and really just feel bad for him. I’m interested in seeing where he is in the next volume, as well.
Yusuke is still such a sweetheart and I love him. And I feel a little crushed for him because of where he is with Maria. The poor thing. I am really interested in seeing what happens to him in the next volume. I just want him to be happy. 
I’m really excited for the next volume. It’ll be sad to see it end, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it all concludes. I hope it’s good.

No comments:

Post a Comment